Dr. Andersen can identify if your child has a cognitive/intellectual disability (C/ID). This type of evaluation is only for the purpose of ruling in or out the presence of a C/ID.
What do you get with this type of evaluation?
- Interview with the parent(s)/guardian(s) (~30 minutes)
- IQ test with the client (~60 minutes including establishing rapport and interviewing the individual)
- Receptive and Expressive Communication testing (~30 minutes)
- Adaptive testing (questionnaires completed by the parent[s]/guardian[s])
- Self-care, receptive and expressive language, learning, mobility, self-direction, capacity for independent living, economic self-sufficiency
- Verbal Feedback (~30 minutes)
- Written Report (~5 to 10 pages) with practical recommendations
This evaluation is typically conducted over two sessions. The first session is for the initial interview and direct face-to-face evaluation with your child. The second session is to provide you with verbal feedback with practical recommendations, at which time you will receive a written report.