This is the most common evaluation offered. This assessment addresses the majority of parents’/guardians’ concerns. Dr. Andersen will provide diagnostic impressions based on DSM-5 criteria. In addition, Dr. Andersen may also make recommendations for the school to consider in relation to special education (IDEA) criteria.
What do you get with this type of evaluation?
- Interview with the parent(s)/guardian(s) (~1 hour)
- IQ test (~1 hour) with a thorough examination of your child’s cognitive processes
- Academic testing (~3 hours)
- Social/Emotional//Behavioral test (~1 hour)
- Verbal Feedback (~1 hour) with practical school, home, and community based recommendations
- Written Report (~10 to 15 pages)
This type of evaluation is typically conducted over three sessions. First, the initial interview. Second, Dr. Andersen will work directly with your child. Finally, the third session is to provide verbal feedback, at which time you will also receive a written report.
*An Autism evaluation can be added onto a psychoeducational evaluation. If this is done then add one hour onto the interview (i.e., ~2 hour interview) and potentially an additional day for face-to-face testing. Autism rating scales will be also administered, and additional communication & executive function testing will be performed.
Dr. Andersen can also participate in school meetings upon request.